Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Topics: Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) process common challenges and barriers
NOTE: This is the last training in our three-part CHIP series. We are requiring all participants watch our first webinar, "Overview of the Community Health Improvement Planning Process." Though not required, we strongly encourage participation in our training, "Effectively Implementing a Community Health Improvement Plan" that is happening April 27th in Springfied, MA.
Description: This webinar will build on the introductory webinar and in-person training by addressing common barriers and challenges that arise when implementing Community Health Improvement Planning processes. Case studies will be used to demonstrate practical application of concepts. Participants will have an opportunity to share common challenges in order to receive tips and strategies to address those barriers.
Audience: Individuals and teams in healthcare, community health, public health, and other key stakeholders including community development corporations, regional planning groups, and community leaders/members who want to work collaboratively on community health improvement plans (CHIPs) to improve population health outcomes.
Participants completing this webinar will be able to:
1. Identify 1-2 challenges/barriers they have faced or anticipate facing implementing a CHIP
2. Identify 1-2 strategies to address their challenge/barrier
This training meets the following DPH coalition guidelines:
• Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity
• Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities
• Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
• Effective utilization of data to inform goal and activity selection, implementation, and evaluation
• Statement of purpose and shared activities