Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
This training is now full! Register for our waitlist
Topics: Elements of good meetings; effective meeting facilitation
Description: Facilitative leadership develops practical collaborative skills and tools for tapping the creativity, experience, and commitment of staff and colleagues and provides participants with a forum in which to explore their challenges and aspirations as leaders. At the heart of the training are powerful leadership practices that, when fully embraced, create the conditions for people to move together from vision to action in extraordinary new ways. This training will explore what the elements of good meetings are and effective meeting facilitation techniques.
Audience: Coalition leaders, managers and staff of community programs.
Participants completing this training will be able to:
- Identify basic elements of a productive meeting.
- Describe behaviors that lead to a successful meeting, working group, committee etc.
- Seek maximum and contextually appropriate stakeholder engagement in decision-making.
Trainer: Matt Thompson, Interaction Institute for Social Change
This training addresses the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
- Defined structure for strategic planning and decision-making
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
- Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities
- Defined coalition member roles