Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Topics: Youth development approach, creating strong youth-adult partnerships; relationship building with youth
Location: Assumption College, Worcester, MA
Watch last year's Engaging Youth in Your Work webinar!
Description: Building off the webinar "Engaging Youth in Your Work," this training will explore strategies for actively engaging and retaining youth members in your coalition work. We will go through the different levels in which youth are involved in the work, how to find youth-friendly spaces, and most importantly, how to build up their confidence so that they know their voice matters in community health work. Topics will include: creating strong youth-adult partnerships, communication and relationship building with youth. Participants will be introduced to tools to better involve young people in community health leadership roles.
Audience: Community coalitions and partners
Participants completing this training will be able to:
1. Identify levels of youth participation
2. Provide examples of youth participation in relation to their work
3. Identify strategies to include more youth voice and choice in their work
Trainer: Daisy Ortega (HRiA)
This training addresses the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
• Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity
• Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities
• Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
• Membership that is reflective of the community