Building Healthy Communities Trainings
Building healthy communities can mean a lot of different things: it could mean promoting healthy eating, working towards safe streets, or building partnerships with Community Development Corporations and planners. Below you will find examples of trainings we have offered in the past on this topic. If these trainings aren’t exactly what you’re looking for, we will happily work with you to adjust each training to fit your needs.
Healthy Communities 101
This training provides an overview of key historical events, principles and characteristics of the movement called Healthy Communities. Participants will gain the skills in:
- Working effectively with multi-sector group of stakeholders
- Visioning what a healthy community looks like
- Addressing challenges through diverse solutions and ideas
Working With Planners
This is a tutorial on how to work with town, city, and regional planners. The training will explore:
- Working with planners to implement plans.
- Navigating and addressing differing visions of ways to achieve quality of life.
- Understanding the policy implications of planning, local level changes in built environment and local systems and health equity issues relating to planning
Examples of Past Trainings:
Creating a Culture of Health: Supportive Environment & Policies
Health and Community Development: Leveraging Resources and Opportunities for Collective Impact
The Public Health Impact of Community Speed Reduction