Data, Research, and Evaluation Trainings
The Community Health Training Institute and its partners at Health Resources in Action offers a variety of data, research, and evaluation trainings and services and we are happy to tailor these to fit the needs of your coalition or organization. Here are some examples of work we have done:
Building and Measuring Positive Youth Outcomes
This 5-hour training focuses on exploring positive youth outcomes with a special focus on developmental outcomes for youth programs, providing participants with an opportunity to examine how they are integrating those outcomes through intentional practice and approaches. Participants will:
- Utilize tools that will help better articulate developmental outcomes and indicators, specifically, to use in evaluating their programs.
- Learn about Positive Youth Outcomes (PYO's) and thier role in programs
- Identify what success looks like for youth when they gain Developmental Outcomes (DO's)
During this training, each participating program/team will develop a draft program logic model that will inform their evaluation plan. The discussion during this training will focus on strategies and data collection tools to be implemented in the evaluations of their specific programs, and strategies for engaging youth in research and evaluation. Participants will be able to:
- Explain Positive Youth Outcomes (PYO’s) and their role in programs.
- Identify what success looks like for youth when they gain Developmental Outcomes (DO’s).
- Explore data collection methods that are most appropriate for their youth programs.
Examples of Past Trainings:
Using Data Effectively
Using Data to Tell Your Story
Coalition Quality Improvement
To learn more about the Research and Evaluation consulting work Health Resources in Action does, please click here