Community Health Improvement Planning
The Community Health Training Institute offers great resources and trainings about all aspects of the community health improvement planning process from start to finish. Additionally, our partners at Health Resources in Action offer assessment and planning consulting services to help hospitals meet their IRS 990 requirements, health departments earn accreditation, and foundations guide their investment strategy. We can work with you to either guide you through the community health improvement planning process or develop a training that suits your needs.
HRiA’s community health improvement approach includes:
- A health equity lens that ensures assessment and planning results are inclusive and meaningful and takes into consideration the social determinants of health
- A sophisticated combination of research techniques as well as both quantitative and qualitative data collection
- A participatory, transparent process with multiple communication pathways to ensure engagement of diverse stakeholders and community support
- A written assessment report or plan that takes into account community conditions that affect health outcomes and identifies issues that are actionable for change
- Guidance on implementation of plans to ensure projects have the intended sustainable impact
Our trainings include:
Why Do a Community Health Assessment and Improvement Plan?
This workshop explores how institutions (e.g. health departments, hospitals) and community-based organizations can effectively identify and respond to pressing public health concerns, and build off of existing community asset, by understanding the necessary steps to conduct a comprehensive community health assessment and health improvement plan.
Examples of Past Trainings:
Overview of the Community Health Improvement Planning Process
Effectively Implementing a Community Health Improvement Plan
Health Impact Assessment Planning