Youth Development Trainings
The Community Health Training Institute offers a wide variety of resources, webinars, and trainings around youth development and we are happy to work with you to develop a training that meets your needs. We also work closely with HRiA's BEST (Building Exemplary Systems of Training Youth Workers) Initiative. BEST is northern New England’s only region-wide professional development and credentialing system for youth workers and their supervisors. BEST provides beginning, advanced, and specialized training; follow-up support services, and technical assistance to youth agencies to help them incorporate a consistent strategic youth development approach in their programming.
Engaging Youth in Your Work
In this interactive training, participants will explore the concepts of the youth development approach. The training will:
- Include activities, role-play, and discussions.
- Explore the topics of creating strong youth-adult partnerships and communication and relationship building with youth.
- Teach participants skills to better involve young people in youth leadership opportunities.
Creating Successful Youth-Adult Partnerships
This training will explore strategies for actively engaging and retaining youth members in your coalition work. Participants will:
- Learn the different levels at which youth are involved in the work, how to find youth-friendly spaces, and most importantly, how to build up their confidence so that they know their voice matters in community health work.
- Explore various topics, such as creating strong youth-adult partnerships and communicating/relationship building with youth.
- Become familiar with tools to better involve young people in community health leadership roles.
For more youth development trainings, peruse the full list of BEST trainings here.
Examples of Past Trainings:
Engaging Youth in Participatory Research
Supporting Boys: Disrupting Negative Masculinity