All fundraising stems from solid relationships. In this fun and lively workshop, led by Lori Smith Britton, you will learn how to research, identify, and engage private corporate and foundation “friends,” and get tips and tricks for writing a compelling and competitive grant. This hands-on, half day training is an excellent introduction to corporation and foundation relations and grant writing. Additionally, participants will learn about:
– Trends in corporate and foundation philanthropy, the various kinds of foundations, and unique approaches for reaching each of them.
– Research and identification of prospective funders via the internet and other resources (“who should I ask for what?”).
– Building relationships with corporations and foundations and engaging funders in your organization’s mission.
– Developing the program narrative in a way that highlights the most important elements from the funder’s perspective, including language and formatting.
– Accurate and timely reporting.
– The basics of the grant writing process.
Target Audience: Ideal for newer development professionals as well as those staff persons who may be responsible for grant writing as a component of their job duties.