With more than 30,000 nonprofits in Massachusetts, competition for funding is high. How does one get a leg up?
The first step is doing one’s homework. Foundations have missions just the same as nonprofits, so it is vital to the success of your proposal that you find those funders who are aligned with your organization’s program area.
Google is not an effective tool for grants research as many funders still do not maintain a website. It is therefore imperative to know the key resources where you can locate reliable information. This introductory program is ideal for those who are new to the grants process or would like a brush up.
We cover the beginning, middle and end of the grants research process. This includes but is not limited to:
– Is your organization ‘grant-ready’?
– Key resources to find potential funders
– What you need to know about funders
– Where you can locate Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
– Tips to consider as you conduct your research
– How to find contributors to your peer organizations
– Best practices on making the initial approach to a foundation
Registration fee: $20 for Philanthropy MA Partners $30 for Non Partners