- This event has passed.
Advancing Leadership for Health Equity
January 12 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join CHTI for our first training of 2023!
Topics: Valuing lived experience to drive policy, building power among front line workers/coalition members
Description: Who better to decide on policies and practices than those who are most affected by them? How do we raise the collective voices of those on the frontlines to improve the decisions that affect us all? By centering those with lived experience navigating systems of oppression, we will bring about changes that improve life, health, and work for everyone. Learn strategies to build power within your organization or coalition and gain tools to get buy-in from those in traditional positions of leadership.
Audience: Coalition members and leaders, public health professionals, students, non-profit organization workers and community members
Trainers: Valerie Polletta and Erika Gaitan, Health Resources in Action
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
1. Elevate the value of lived experience in navigating systems of oppression.
2. Gain strategies to build community power within an organization.
3. Learn tools to gain buy-in from leadership to advance equity.
MA DPH Coalition Criteria Addressed:
- Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity.
- Defined structure for strategic planning and decision-making.
- Consistency with MDPH’s goals and priorities.
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g., it will impact them directly).