- This event has passed.
December 8, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute¬†
Topics: Elements of good meetings; effective meeting facilitation; conflict resolution; decision-making tools
In-person Training (3 hrs)
Audience: Coalition leaders, managers and staff of community programs.
Note: Offered back to back with the “Engaging Stakeholders” training, with a brown-bag lunch between the two for networking opportunities.¬†
Description: Facilitative leadership develops practical collaborative skills and tools for tapping the creativity, experience, and commitment of staff and colleagues and provides participants with a forum in which to explore their challenges and aspirations as leaders. At the heart of the training are powerful leadership practices that, when fully embraced, create the conditions for people to move together from vision to action in extraordinary new ways.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this training will be able to:
1. Identify behaviors that lead to a successful meeting, working group, committee etc.
2. Seek maximum and contextually appropriate stakeholder engagement in decision-making.
3. Share understanding on how to effectively design meeting agendas.
MA DPH Coalition Criteria Addressed:
- Defined structure for strategic planning and decision-making
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
- Consistency with MA DPH‚Äôs goals and priorities
- Defined coalition member roles