- This event has passed.
Fostering Community Partnerships for Health Equity
January 9, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Description: On the third webinar of the “Advancing Health Equity in Local Health Departments” series, we‚Äôll discuss:
Why fostering community partnerships is key to advancing health equity
- How Alameda County in California engages in social justice movements to advance health and racial equity
- How Kansas City shares power and space with community organizers to change policy
- How NACCHO is supporting building community alliances to advance equity
- Resources to help your health department foster community partnerships to advance health equity
We recommend folks read the Alameda County and Kansas City case studies before the webinar.
- Evonda Thomas Smith, RN, MSN, Director, Evanston Health and Human Services Department
- Sandi Galvez, Director of Health Equity, Policy and Planning for the Alameda County Public Health Department
- Rex Archer, MD, MPH, Director of Health for the City of Kansas City, Missouri; past-president of NACCHO
- Jonathan Heller (facilitator), Co-Director, Human Impact Partners
Questions? Contact Human Impact Partners.