An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until November 9, 2021
Overview: This TWO DAY session trains participants on the fundamentals, vocabulary and best practices of project management. It is for community development professionals with little to no experience as project managers or knowledge about formal PM methodologies and frameworks. The training focuses on how they can use the methods, processes, and tools to make their projects more efficient and effective.
Program dates: November 8 AND 9, 9:30am-12:30pm EST
Who Should Attend: This is an entry level course for community development staff that have 4 years or less of hands-on experience managing projects. The training is ideal for any staff person who would benefit from knowing how to plan appropriately, control changes and engage stakeholders. People that are interested in expanding their career options should also take this course to determine if project management is right for them. Participants will get in depth exposure to PM methodologies and concepts. Working with their peers, they will complete hands-on exercises specific to community development, which will enable them to practice and apply the learning concepts to their real work situations. The training focuses on the perspective of the project manager, but also covers the view point of other key stakeholders like the project sponsor.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
• Learn project management fundamentals and vocabulary
• Know what project management best practices are and how to leverage them in their work
• Understand the roles and responsibility of the Project Manager, Project Executive Sponsor, Business Owner, Team Members and other stakeholders
• Learn the phases of project management and how to apply them to community development projects. Deep dive into planning and execution phases.
• Understand the importance of and how to continuously engage and communicate with key stakeholders
• Understand the importance of and how to do project planning
• Know how to prepare project scope and project plan documents and how to use them to monitor/control project execution
Instructor: Maria Latimore (Principal Consultant, Maria Latimore Group)
Registration deadline: November 7, 2021
Registration fee: Regular $160, MACDC Member $120, Student/Americorps/Intern $60