We provide free breakfast and lunch, free child care, and language interpretation, so we can welcome everyone in our movement. MACDC is committed to removing any and every obstacle to your participation.
- Gubernatorial Forum: MACDC is thrilled to welcome both the Republican Gubernatorial candidate, Charlie Baker, and Democratic Gubernatorial candidate, Jay Gonzalez, to the convention. Both candidates have confirmed that they will come and answer a series of questions related to community development, affordable housing, and economic development;
- Workshops on key community development priorities such as affordable housing, economic development, racial equity, community health, and community organizing:
- How to Tell Your Story of Change
- Assessing YOUR Community’s Housing Need and Strategies
- Cracking the Code: Building Support for Affordable Housing in Suburban and Rural Areas
- Leveraging Art for Community & Economic Growth
- Healthy Food Focused Economic Development
- From Awake to Woke – Starting Race Talk
- Addressing Fundraising Anxiety: How Board Members and Residents Can Raise Funds
- We Are the Now and the Future. Youth Empowerment!
- Awards to CDCs that have leveraged the Community Investment Tax Credit program to launch, or expand a program that is making a difference in the lives of people and communities;
- Music and poetry that express our core values and inspire us to work for an inclusive and equitable society;
- The ‚ÄúCDC Roll Call,‚Äù where every CDC in attendance shares an exciting achievement from the past year, thereby demonstrating the diversity and scale of our collective impact;
- Testimonials from CDC community leaders that will remind us why we do this work; and
- Networking opportunities throughout the day that enable you to meet your colleagues from across the state.
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Morning Plenary Session
10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Workshops
12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Lunch
12:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Afternoon Plenary Session