- This event has passed.
May 1, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This is a previous offering, for more information please contact us!
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Topics: Communications, social media, public relations
Description: In this training, topics of discussion will include the news-gathering cycle and social media, ways to define and frame news for optimal coverage, and various forms of earned and paid media. Participants will learn how to plan media strategy and improve skills in writing press releases, pitching stories and building effective media relationships. If time allows, there will be a practice session on being interviewed and pitching a story to a reporter.
Audience: Coalition members and community health workers looking to build skills in communications, public relations, and marketing.
Participants completing the training will be able to:
- Describe the news-gathering cycle and the role of social media on them
- Define and frame news for optimal coverage
- List forms of earned and paid media
- Describe how to plan media strategies, pitch stories, and build effective media relations
This training covers the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
- Participation from key stakeholders
- Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities