- This event has passed.
Working with the Military, Veterans, and their Families
June 17, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This training will provide insight into the military culture and an overview of the military, veterans, and their families as a population. Participants will learn specific strategies for effectively working with this population to address substance abuse prevention.
Training participants will
- Become more culturally competent and feel more comfortable working with military personnel.
- Become informed of recent military trends in drug and alcohol use and abuse along with recent practice parameters and intervention.
- Learn the Army regulations that pertain to the Army Substance Abuse Program.
- Major Timothy P. Sawyer, Accenture Federal Services Alcohol and Drug Control Officer, Massachusetts Army National Guard
- Tanya M. Rioux, State Family Program Director, Massachusetts National Guard Family Program
- Helon Wyllie, Family Assistance Center Supervisor, Massachusetts National Guard Family Program