This is a previous offering, to view the recording please click here.
Topics: Youth development approach, creating strong youth-adult partnerships; relationship building with youth.
Webinar (90 min)
Description: In this webinar, participants will explore the concepts of the youth development approach.
Topics will include: creating strong youth-adult partnerships and communication and relationship building with youth.
Participants will be introduced to tools to better involve young people in community health leadership roles.
Audience: Community coalitions and partners
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this webinar will be able to:
1. Identify levels of youth participation
2. Provide examples of youth participation in relation to their work
3. Identify strategies to include more youth voice and choice in their work
Trainer: Daisy Ortega (Health Resources in Action)
This training addresses the following MA DPH
- Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity
- Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
- Membership that is reflective of the community