Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Topics: How to engage different community members (hard to reach members, elders, etc.); basic organizing tips
Location: Assumption College, Worcester, MA
Description: This training will equip participants with an organizing framework and basic tools needed to mobilize their community. Participants will get an opportunity to practice community power mapping and leadership development skills in order to engage stakeholders and hard to reach residents. Participants will leave with the ability to organize community-driven, goal-oriented campaigns by utilizing clear strategies and tactics shared in this training.
Audience: Coalition leaders, individuals, and partners who want to work effectively and collaboratively towards community health goals.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this training will be able to
- Understand organizing theories, principles and best practices for community organizing
- Define clear goals, strategies and target audience for successful mobilization
- Explore foundation level organizing skills and tools that reach all levels of community
Trainer: Jamiah Tappin, Boston Alliance for Commnity Health
This training addresses the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
- Statement of purpose and shared activities
- Defined leadership
- Consistency with MDPH’s goals and priorities
Please note that in case of inclement weather, this training will be postponed to February 14. We will email training registrants beforehand if we proceed with the snow date.