Are you a leader of an existing nonprofit organization or do you have an interest in creating a new one? Do you have questions and concerns about incorporating and/or filing for tax-exempt status? All nonprofit start-ups are invited to attend this legal seminar for nonprofits, led by experienced nonprofit attorneys. At this group session, we will assist your organization in understanding the complicated processes of formalizing a nonprofit in Massachusetts by addressing questions regarding:
– For-Profit or Not-for-Profit?
– What is a Not-for-Profit?
– Incorporating & Structuring the Not-for-Profit
– Option of Fiscal Sponsorship
– State Reporting & Regulation
– Federal Tax Exemption
– Ongoing IRS Reporting & Regulation
Presenters: Janet Rickershauser, Pathway Law; Alyssa Fitzgerald, Goodwin.
Co-sponsors: Goodwin, Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston/Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, TSNE MissionWorks.