Instructors: Judy Freiwirth, Psy.D., Principal, Nonprofit Solutions Associates; Hilary Marcus, M.P.A., Principal, Hilary Marcus Consulting
Join us for 3 Training Sessions that will lead you and your Board on the path to success!
Judy Freiwirth, Psy.D., Principal, Nonprofit Solutions Associates
Hilary Marcus, M.P.A., Principal, Hilary Marcus Consulting
(with special guest presenters from Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corp: Coleen Walker, Board Chair and Gail Latimore, ED who will discuss their experiences in how to develop a successful working relationship)
Board chairs have enormous responsibilities and accountability for the success of their boards. This unique hands-on training series will focus on practical strategies for becoming a more effective and skilled leader for your board.
Participants will learn about:
- competencies and characteristics for being an effective board chair
- how to develop an effective Board Chair-Executive Director relationship
- how to design more productive meetings and build an engaged board
- how to successfully engage residents/constituents in governance decisions
- how to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive board
- new models and practices of shared governance/leadership
Hold the dates, spread the word, and join us for this exciting, one of a kind training series! Open to current or prospective board chairs only.
Criteria for Participation:
Attend all three sessions
Read and consider materials for practical application between sessions
Dinner will be served.
Registration deadline: Monday, November 11, 2019
Registration fee: $150.00 (for all three sessions)