Instructors: Gena Bean, Mindful Boston
Please join us on the evening of February 5, 2020 for a Community Meditation Night, led by Gena Bean of Mindful Boston.
We welcome you to arrive early to settle in, around 5pm-ish is a good time. Our official event start time is 5:15pm. Gena Bean will be leading meditation for us.
– 5pm – It’s great to arrive early to ask questions and find a good seat. We have chitchat time starting around 5-ish. Come hang out with us and ask the teacher questions.
– 5:15pm – Class starts.
(Please be aware that the doors will be locked at 5:30pm so that our meditation time is not disturbed.)
– 6:30pm – Class ends.
The 75 minutes that we spend together for this class will include:
1. discussion about meditation and mindfulness
2. instructions on how to meditate
3. experience a meditation
The length of the meditation itself will probably be about 15 to 25 minutes long. No previous experience is required; the meditation will be easy for beginners to understand.
Things to know:
– The Mel King Institute is offering its conference room. There will be enough chairs for about 20 people.
– Yes, handicapped accessible.
– “Do I need to bring anything?”
It’s fine to just show up as you are. There are no requirements to bring anything. And you won’t need any special clothing.
It’s always nice to hydrate yourself. So you might want to have a bottle for water. The conference room has a cooler.
There is no charge for this event. It is a gift to the community.