- This event has passed.
A New Road Forward: How Hospital, Public Health and Stakeholder Collaboration has Changed the Community Health Landscape (webinar)
October 15, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Presented by the Prevention Institute
The healthcare landscape is changing rapidly and this focus on transformation opens exciting new opportunities to advance population health. It is increasingly clear that achieving the promise of greater community health and equity requires the knowhow, innovations and commitment of a wide range of sectors and stakeholders.¬†
This webinar highlights how hospitals, public health, and key stakeholders are already working together to creatively and effectively address needs in their communities. Specifically, the webinar will:
- Give an overview of population health improvement and community prevention during this time of healthcare transformation, including further insights on defining population health improvement;¬†
- Establish the value of collaboration between public health, hospitals, and other key stakeholders to improve population health and advance health equity;¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
- Share insights and key findings from a recent University of Kentucky study of public health and hospital collaborations, and identify ways to strengthen and support existing collaborations, as well as how to inspire and support new ones;¬†
- Provide lessons learned from the Detroit Regional Infant Mortality Reduction Task Force‚Äôs successes in improving outcomes through coordination with a diversity of funders and partners; how they are leveraging the skills of community health workers; and how they are working to inform policy; and¬†
- Describe CDC‚Äôs current efforts to encourage public health and hospital collaborations, including promising practices and future endeavors.