- This event has passed.
Advanced Proposal Writing
November 9, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
*This event is hosted by Philanthropy Massachusetts.*
Nonprofit organizations often seek grant support but fall short in receiving the award. Learn how to present your case for support no matter the type or size of grant you are requesting. This session will sharpen your grantseeking skills by making your proposal more competitive.
From an introduction to logic models to making your case for support using 2,000 or less characters, this workshop will help you prepare successful paper and paperless proposal narratives including those to the different levels of government. There will be a discussion on the use of meaningful charts and other visual aids to help reviewers quickly understand the intent of your proposed project. You will also learn techniques to use when preparing proposals to obtain grants for capacity-building projects and capital campaigns.
The intended learning goals are as follows:
– Understand the current giving trends of foundations, corporations, and government agencies
– Analyze request for proposals (RFPs) to determine a fit with your proposed project
– Prepare reviewer friendly proposals
– Formulate strategies to develop proposals for special projects, capacity-building efforts, and capital campaigns
– Learn techniques to apply for a multi-year or million-dollar grant
This workshop provides learning opportunities for intermediate to advanced (5+ years) grant seekers. The ideal participants will be those with two or more years of experience preparing grant proposals who have an understanding how to develop a strong needs statement, goals and outcomes, evaluation strategies, and the budget and justification for the project/program they propose.
Presenter: Diane Gedeon-Martin, The Write Source
Registration Fee: $45 Partner $60 Non Partner