- This event has passed.
Better Health Through Local Policies
December 4, 2014 @ 5:45 pm - 9:15 pm
Description: Lasting change requires making improvements in policies and the built environment, often at the municipal level. Local policies can positively impact the health and well-being of large segments of the community. Participants will learn an overview of municipal governance structures and how change happens. The training will feature case studies and lessons learned and provide the opportunity to practice framing policy issues for public support.
Participants completing this training will be able to:
- Identity their local governance structure in their town or city
- Understand how local policies are made within that structure
- List ways residents can change a local ordinances/regulations/policies
- Name their municipal officials to talk to and how to do so to facilitate changes in policies
- Know how to get on their municipal docket
- Understand how to make the town/city hall work to improve the health of residents
Audience: health-focused coalitions