- This event has passed.
Coalition Building: Back to Basics (Afternoon Session)
June 13, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is a previous offering, for more information, please contact us!
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Note: It is encouraged, but not required, to attend both the morning and afternoon sessions. There will be a networking brown bag lunch between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm where particpants from both sessions are welcome to attend.
Topics: Defined structure, governance, and leadership, roles of coalition members
Description: This half day training will encourage participants to examine their coalition structure and explore other models of coalitions. Participants will engage in activities that will have them assess their governance and leadership structure, as well as, the current roles that coalition members play. Participants will dive more deeply into strategies for maintaining an effective coalition.
Audience: Coalition leaders and partners; community health advocates working on municipal and state level to create healthier communities. Coalitions are encouraged to attend in groups.
By participating in this training, participants will be able to:
1. Examine their coalition structure and how it relates to other coalitions.
2. Assess their governance and leadership structure and reflect on its effectiveness.
3. Identify strategies to maintain their coalition‚Äôs membership base and structure.
Trainer: Andrea Freeman, Massachusetts Public Health Association
This training address the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
1. Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity
2. Consistency with MA DPH‚Äôs goals and priorities
3. Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
4. Membership that is reflective of the community
5. Defined structure for strategic planning and decision-making
6. Defined coalition member roles