- This event has passed.
Coalition Capacity and Infrastructure Planning
June 21, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Note: We will be offering a networking brown-bag lunch before our afternoon session, “Coalition Sustainability and Resource Planning.”
Topics: Organizational structure/governance; roles/responsibilities; decision-making structures; membership recruitment and retention; life cycles of coalitions.
Audience: Coalition leaders and members, teams, and partners working towards community health.
Lead Trainer: Andrea Freeman, Field Director, Massachusetts Public Health Association
Description: This half-day training will cover the fundamentals for launching and managing an effective coalition. [Note: For the purposes of this workshop, a coalition is an intentional (usually temporary) alliance of organizations and/or individuals who agree to coordinate efforts to accomplish a shared goal.] We will examine foundational documents, organizational structures, and communication techniques that help create a culture of trust, transparency, and inclusion. We will also review and discuss the Coalition Engagement Principles & Guidelines from MDPH.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing the training will be able to:
- Understand what ingredients are needed create and manage an effective coalition
- Identify facilitation and communications techniques that foster trust, transparency and inclusion
- Reference, as needed, the MDPH Coalition Engagement Principles & Guidelines
This webinar addresses the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
- Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity
- Consistency with MA DPH‚Äôs goals and priorities
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
- Membership that is reflective of the community
- Defined structure for strategic planning and decision-making
- Defined coalition member roles