- This event has passed.
Coalition Quality Improvement
October 26, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This is a previous offering, for more information please contact us!
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Topics: Use of quality improvement strategies; Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles; sustaining collaborative initiatives using QI
Description: Effective coalitions often use Quality Improvement (QI) strategies to build their initiatives, implement their ideas, evaluate their success, and continuously improve their work. The Model for Improvement and its Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) methodology offers coalitions an approach to organize multi-sector efforts focused around a specific aim, to develop interventions to meet that aim, and to test those interventions through multiple rapid cycle changes. This in-person training will build off last year‚Äôs introductory webinar to allow participants to reflect on their work and start to apply the PDSA principles to plan for QI efforts in small groups. The trainer will walk participants through various QI tools and demonstrate how coalitions can use this data to jumpstart improvement efforts.
Audience: Coalition leaders, individuals, and partners who want to work effectively and collaboratively towards community health goals.
Trainer: Dr. Karen Errichetti (HRiA)
Participants completing the training will be able to:
- Define quality improvement in the context of multi-sector initiatives
- Name the elements of the Model for Improvement and its method, the PDSA cycle.
- Identify core concepts in QI to organize a collaborative effort.
- Describe how to use QI data to assess improvement over time.
- Describe strategies for sustaining coalitions engaged in long-term QI efforts.
This training addresses the following MA DPH Coalition Criteria:
- Consistency with MA DPH‚Äôs goals and priorities
- Effective utilization of data to inform goal and activity selection, implementation, and evaluation