- This event has passed.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices for Small Business Counselors and Technical Assistance Providers
January 19, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Instructors: Valerie Zolezzi-Wyndham
Technical assistance (TA) requires the development of trusting relationships between small business owners and the technical assistance or business counselor providing the individualized or group TA services. These relationships are positively or negatively affected by interpersonal factors that either enhance or interfere with a strong working TA relationship. Interpersonal relationships can be complicated by factors including conflicting perceptions, misunderstandings, cultural barriers, poor communication, and implicit behaviors that unintentionally create mistrust. These barriers can hinder the development of a strong connection between TA providers and the entrepreneurs they serve.
Through this three hour virtual training TA providers will be able to:
- Build foundational skills and a shared vocabulary on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Identify strategies to minimize barriers
- Understand level of racism and oppression
- Learn problem-solving strategies to enhance communication with entrepreneurs
- Prepare to apply their newfound skills to build stronger relationships with their clients
Cosponsor: Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation
Registration deadline: Monday, January 18, 2021
Registration fee: $25 Regular