- This event has passed.
Engaging Youth in Rx Drug Abuse Prevention
May 6, 2015 @ 4:00 am - May 8, 2015 @ 3:59 am
A training presented by Health Resources in Action (HRiA) and Words Can Work
- Build skills and gain knowledge you need to talk with youth about prescription drug abuse
- Learn proven strategies for engaging youth in substance abuse prevention activities, coalitions and policy change
- Learn best practices for incorporating the evidence – based DVD Drugs: True Stories into your programming. Drugs: True Stories is included in SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP)
Participants will receive a complimentary copy of Drugs: True Stories with discussion guide. Continental breakfast provided.
- Jeanne Blake Creator, Words Can Work; Executive Producer, Drugs: True Stories; Affiliated faculty member, Harvard Medical School’s Division on Addiction
- Laurie Jo Wallace Directior, Training and Capacity Building, HRiA; 25 years experience in youth development, substance abuse prevention and coalition building
Who Should Attend
Substance Abuse prevention professionals, coalition members, public health professionals, program supervisors and managers, school health and support staff, youth workers, after-school personnel, counselors and principals.