Presented by the Mel King Institute
Why do we do community development?
Find out at this training, which is geared towards informing entry-level professionals in the community development field about the theories, history and current strategies of community development in the United States with a focus on Massachusetts. The training will feature representatives from local CDCs to speak about their work as well as interactive discussions on the current debates in the field.
- Understand the values and goals of community development and how organizations like CDCs fit into an overall community development ecosystem that includes the government and the private sector
- Learn about the historical causes and current economic trends that lead to neighborhood decline and inequality
- Find out why housing is an integral component of community development
- Explore the different approaches used to expand economic opportunity
- Learn about comprehensive community development and how it can be a successful strategy
Information and Registration