- This event has passed.
Introduction to Grants Research
August 19, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
*This event is hosted by Philanthropy Massachusetts. Contact [email protected] for more info.*
With more than 30,000 nonprofits in Massachusetts, competition for funding is high. How does one get a leg up? The first step is to do your homework. It is vital to the success of your proposal that you find funders who are aligned with your organization’s mission and program areas. Google is not an effective tool for grants research as many funders still do not maintain a website. It is therefore imperative to know the key resources for finding reliable information.
This introductory program is ideal for grant seekers who are new to the process or who would like to brush up their skills. We cover the beginning, middle and end of the grants research process including, but not limited to:
– Determining if your organization is grant-ready
– Key resources to find potential funders
– What you need to know about funders
– Where you can locate Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
– Tips to consider as you conduct your research
– How to find contributors to peer organizations
– Best practices on making the initial approach to a foundation
Presenter: Georganna Woods, Research Associate and Meet-the-Donors Program Manager, Philanthropy Massachusetts
Cost: $20 Partners $30 Non Partners