- This event has passed.
New England Regional Forum: Racial Equity & Implications for Capacity Building: A Deeper Dive
October 27, 2017 @ 12:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Nominal registration to help cover food and other expenses. $20 for Alliance members; $30 Non-members
Friday, October 27, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Presented by the Alliance for Nonprofit Management
Co-Sponsored by TSNE MissionWorks, Nonprofit Consultant Network, and Jane Doe Inc.
The Alliance for Nonprofit Management, the premier national membership organization of capacity builders, is holding a 2nd special New England regional forum in Boston. Given the recent white supremacist rally and racial violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, this topic should be relevant to all nonprofit consultants, other capacity builders, funders, and researchers interested in racial justice.
As a highly experiential and peer learning session, capacity builders at all levels will engage in a ‚Äúdeeper dive‚Äù on issues of racial equity and practice. This peer-learning session will focus on
- how to effectively integrate a racial justice lens in capacity building practice;
- how to become a racial justice change agent with nonprofits;
- peer experiences about a range of practical tools, frameworks, and consulting strategies which address racial equity; and
- creating a personal action plan for addressing/increasing racial equity in your practice.
Hear from keynote speakers:
- Debbie Irving, Racial Justice Educator and Writer, Author, Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race
- Marianna Islam, Director of Programs and Advocacy of the Schott Foundation and former Vice President, United Way of Central Massachusetts
- Isa Woldeguiorguis, Executive Director for The Center for Hope and Healing
- With Co-Facilitators: Curdina Hill and Judy Freiwirth, New England Ambassadors, Alliance for Nonprofit Management