In a moment unlike any we have faced as a global community, Race Forward believes that Racial Justice is more important than ever. As we begin to see more racialized narratives around COVID-19, we are also beginning to see policy and practice shifts that will undoubtedly disproportionately impact poor people, Black, indigenous and people of color. In order to embed Racial Equity into all of our day to day operations as well as our responses in this moment we must continue to hold fast to a commitment that enables us to learn, grow and practice racial equity work together.
Race Forward has worked tirelessly to transform our in-person Building Racial Equity Trainings into an in-depth virtual learning experience that centers on normalizing, organizing and operationalizing racial equity into our work at every intersection. We have limited space in our virtual trainings as we believe it is critical for our participants to be able to receive tailored support and coaching throughout the duration of our virtual training session.
The Building Racial Equity series, developed by Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation, are interactive trainings for those who wish to sharpen their skills and strategies to address systemic racism and advance racial equity. Unlike “diversity trainings” which primarily focus on interpersonal relations and understanding, these trainings emphasize how to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
Building Racial Equity: Foundations is the first and “foundational” training of the series. Participants will build on and strengthen racial equity practices for themselves and their organizations and networks. This training will introduce participants to concepts, frames, and tools that are essential to a productive racial equity practice. Attending this training is required to participate in subsequent series trainings.
- Racial Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Different Dimensions of Racism and Systems Analysis
- Countering Implicit Bias
- Opportunities to Advance Racial Equity
- Build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism.
- Learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and with their constituents.
- Gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices.
- Identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity.
Registration fee: $100-$400