Coffee Chat: Conversations with Coalitions
December 14 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join CHTI for an informal coffee chat with coalition leaders and members!
Topics: Lessons learned from COVID-19, promising practices for coalition work moving forward.
Description: The COVID-19 pandemic challenged us to rethink how we do our work. But the barriers of the past year also created room for innovation, and we found new ways to connect and build relationships across the Zoom-sphere. This was especially important for coalitions, because they do so much of their work in-person to build trust and relationships. Join the Community Health Training Institute for an informal coffee chat with coalition members and leaders, who will talk more specifically about their work-life experience during COVID-19, including some challenges, successes, and lessons learned. This will be a lightly moderated discussion, with time at the end for Q&A with our guest speakers.
Audience: Coalition leaders and members, community advocates, and public health professionals.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- Network with other coalitions in the state around their experience doing coalition work during COVID-19.
- Learn best practices and key takeaways from pivoting to remote work.
- Reflect on how their work shifted and apply lessons learned for future shifts in coalition work.
Guests: To be announced!
Moderator: Gina Rodriguez, Health Resources in Action
MA DPH Coalition Criteria Addressed:
- Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities.
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly).
- Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity.