- This event has passed.
Effectively Engaging Stakeholders
December 8, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Presented by the Community Health Training Institute
Topics: Techniques to actively engage and retain key stakeholders, including hard to reach members
Audience: Individuals or teams beginning to develop a coalition or partnership, or those who are changing or expanding the focus of their coalition
Note: Offered back-to-back with “Facilitative Leadership” after a brown-bag networking lunch
Description: Identifying key stakeholders and partners is only the beginning, working to keep them engaged is the bulk of the work. This training will present an overview of the various levels of effective engagement and offer tips for retaining key stakeholders over time. Through case studies and scenarios, training participants will pull lessons from their experiences, challenges and successes in order to identify specific strategies to keep stakeholders engaged at each level.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing the training will be able to:
- Identify various levels of key stakeholder engagement
- Discuss specific tips strategies to keep stakeholders engaged over time
- Name 1-2 strategies to address common stakeholder engagement challenges
MA DPH Coalition Criteria Addressed:
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly)
- Membership that is reflective of the community