- This event has passed.
Facilitative Leadership for Social Change
May 10 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 14, 2022
Description: Lead in a way that inspires, invites participation, and builds commitment
Effective leadership in these times is not about striving to control what is uncontrollable; rather, it is about creating the conditions for groups, teams, organizations, and communities to effectively and creatively intervene in the structural, institutional, interpersonal, and internalized effects of the systems that shape our lives. This includes making it easy for others — regardless of race, class, gender, ability, sexuality, and other identities and experiences — to offer their perspectives and talents, speak up when they have problems, take initiative, make decisions, work with others, and share responsibility for the health of the team, organization, or community.
Facilitative Leadership for Social Change develops practical collaborative skills and tools for tapping the creativity, experience, and commitment of groups and provides participants with a forum in which to explore their challenges and aspirations as leaders. At the heart of the workshop are powerful leadership practices that, when fully embraced, create the conditions for people to move together from vision to action in extraordinary new ways.
You will leave this workshop series with practical frameworks, skills and tools to:
- See systems by analyzing a situation from a systems perspective in order to leverage transformational change
- Seek maximum appropriate involvement of key stakeholders in order to make well informed decisions and build commitment to successful implementation
- Facilitate agreement across diverse perspectives in order to generate breakthrough decisions and actions
- Focus on multiple dimensions of success — not just the measurable results — in order to ensure sustainable success
- Discover shared meaning and understand our unconscious thought processes in order to build alignment for concerted action, especially across lines of difference
- Design pathways to action, including meeting agendas that achieve high levels of results, process, and relationship satisfaction
Registration fee: $1,050/per person Nonprofit | $1,325/per person Foundation | $1,575/per person For-Profit/Social Venture