- This event has passed.
Healthy Community Design
September 12, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Who should attend:
- MiM Coordinators
- MiM partners concerned with the built environment
- Regional Planning Councils and Agencies
- City and Town Planners
This training will present the Massachusetts Healthy Community Design Toolkit, as well as case studies from communities that have successfully advanced their healthy community design goals.¬†
The toolkit provides health advocates with concrete tools that can be used comprehensively in an integrated approach that examines how well the physical characteristics of a community promote positive health outcomes, or individually to address a specific problem. A wide range and deep breadth of elements of community planning, design, and development are addressed, from how to promote the use of rain gardens to improve local water quality to how to establish municipal policies that plan for a healthier future.
Participants completing this training will be able to
1) Use the Massachusetts Healthy Community Design Toolkit
2) Formulate goals and next steps for advocacy within a specific municipality
3) Identify local resources and pathways to achieve advocacy goals
Catherine Ratt√©,¬†Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
Danielle McKahn, Pioneer Valley Planning Commision
*Registration closes Tuesday, Sept. 10th at 12PM!