- This event has passed.
Strategic Prevention Framework for Native American Communities (Mashpee, MA)
November 5, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Who Should Attend:
Leaders and Members of Native American Communities
This training will provide an overview of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) and tools to use when implementing this process. Practical skill-building activities for each component of the SPF (Assessment, Capacity Building, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Cultural Competence, and Sustainability) will be shared, as well as a list of related resources. This full-day training will combine interactive and didactic teaching methods, including a PowerPoint presentation, case studies from Native American communities and sharing of experiences in small groups.
Participants completing this training will be able to:
- Describe the seven components of the SPF.
- Evaluate ways to incorporate the components of the SPF into their present work.
- State the importance of and describe methods for:
- measuring community assets and needs
- engaging the community and working collaboratively;
- building a functional coalition;
- developing a data ‚Äìdriven strategic plan, logic model, action plan and evaluation plan;
- selecting appropriate evidence-based strategies; and
- measuring community-level impact and monitoring progress.
- Explain the importance of infusing culturally-competent methods within each stage of the SPF.
- Identify multiple ways to institutionalize and sustain the work of the coalition or group.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, or are a person with a disability who requires accommodation, please contact Aleya Martin at the Community Health Training Institute/HRiA at 617-279-2240 ext 533 or email, prior to October 21, 2013.