When: Wednesday, June 28th, 2023
A large piece in coalition sustainability is the development in relation to policy, systems, and environmental change. For this training, we will go over the strategies and practices that allow coalition leaders and members to grow their coalitions.
Trainers: Tamika Francis and Tonayo Crow, Health Resources in Action
Description: This three hour online training will provide the foundation for coalition development and sustainability in relation to policy, systems, and environmental change. The trainers will discuss the purpose, functions, and processes of a coalition, characteristics of effective coalitions and sustainable partnerships and policy development approaches. Come prepared to dig into your coalition work and share promising practices!
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the purpose of their coalition and what role it plays in the community.
- Describe activities, processes, and structures that are integral to building a sustainable coalition.
- Share strategies for addressing engagement and sustainability barriers.
MADPH Coalition Criteria Addressed:
1. Shared vision including a focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity.
2. Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g., it will impact them directly).
3. Membership that is reflective of the community.
4. Consistency with MDPH’s goals and priorities.